4 Months in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Saturday 27 March 2010

The Blue Door Bakery

Sweets! Ah, how the Mexicans love them and now so do we. Today Alex and I found a wonderful bakery a block from the library and the Jardin. You go in and they hand you a big, metal plate and some tongs. You are then free to browse and choose whatever sweets suite you. It was a hard choice. Alex looked all around and couldn't believe his good fortune. We had left Charles, Hannah, and Owen at Parque Juarez so I told Alex he could pick treats for everyone. He picked some sumptuous items such as a cinnamon bun, a chocolate glazed donut, a cream-filled pastry cone, and a big glazed cookie. I added 2 big rolls that I thought would be good for lunch and we gave our delicacies to the lady to ring up. Being my first time, I wasn't sure what to expect for the cost. The grand total was 20 pesos...the equivalent of about $1.80!!! Good for the pocketbook, bad for the waistline!

Treats were enjoyed and devoured by all. I think we found our new favorite place!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment