4 Months in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Friday 16 April 2010

Living, Learning, and Growing here in San Miguel

What is it about traveling that expands your being? Each and every day here I feel like I am learning, growing, and becoming so much more than I was before. Perhaps it is getting out of the routine of home where daily tasks are done without a moment's thought. When words spill without the deep digging that is necessary when language and communication aren't taken for granted.

I feel very much alive here. Like parts of my brain are being used that for awhile have been idle. I wonder if I triumph in the little things more since the little things take more effort? I wonder if being in a new place makes you stop, look, and listen to all that is around you since the unfamiliar at one time both shocks and exhilarates your system?

All I know is that each day I get out of bed wondering what the day will hold. I'm excited to learn more. I'm exhilarated to be lucky enough to be here and experience a new way of living. La dolce vida. I think I'm living it.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post! And what beautiful pictures!
    Dorsey

    ReplyDelete