4 Months in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Mexican Cook

Today was the first day of having a Mexican woman come cook for us. I have asked that she come 2 days this week and help show us how to make some Mexican dishes. How lovely it is for someone to cook a few days a week...I'm going to get spoiled! She made chicken enchiladas with green sauce and they were absolutely delicious. Luckily, I asked her to make some that weren't spicy as the kids can't stomach what the Mexicans call spicy food. So for about $13.00 I had someone make dinner and buy the ingredients! Not bad at all!

My Mom and her friend Barbara arrived today as well. I am so thrilled to see them! I have been solo here in Mexico since Charles left a week ago so it is absolutely delightful to have them here. We are excited to show them our life here in Mexico. Kids happily ran around showing them all the features of our house here.  Very cute.

Tomorrow we are off on a walking tour of the city. It will be fun for me as I haven't been on a real tour of the city. I'm sure I will learn a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment