4 Months in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Charles turns 41!

Charles turned 41 today! His parents arrived yesterday in town, so it was a great celebration. The day started at a wonderful B & B for breakfast (Posada Corazon) which is right near the Jardin, but wonderfully quiet with great coffee and food.

Then Charles and his parents went to the Mask Museum which I had been to with my Mom and Barbara. I had purchased a piece of art from there and so it was to be presented to him while he was there. Unfortunately, Alex got sick, so I wasn't able to join them all at the mask museum and present his gift but the owner was a nice stand in. The art piece is made from bark soaked in a liquid and then shaped and molded into an interesting design. On top of the bark is an intricate paper cut-out of Mayan gods and goddesses. The artist is Mexican and he has a piece of art in the British Museum as well as the Smithsonian. The piece we bought is so interesting and will always remind of us our time in Mexico. Charles was quite happy with the gift and mentioned that when he saw these pieces of art he was hoping that I had bought him one. I guess I got lucky this year!

Hannah and I had scoped out pinatas for the big day and finally found one that wasn't totally for little kids...NEMO. We stuffed it with candy, but then couldn't whack the pinata as it ended up raining...which is very rare around here. We did find a wonderful pastry shop and bought him a tiramisu cake which was delicious.

Feliz CumpleaƱos Carlos!

No comments:

Post a Comment